5/8/11

My Mom

Since today is Mother's day I thought I would do a quick post about my mom.  It's late and I'm tired so I'll keep this pretty short.  I'll just share with you some of the things I learned from my mom.  My mom is probably the most generous person I know so these two particular kernals of wisdom are because of that generosity.  The two most important things I learned from my mom:

1.  Never loan something that you can't afford to lose.  When you loan someone money or personal items count it as a gift, if it is returned or payed back it's a nice bonus.  If you loan something to someone and they can't afford to pay it back or they lose the item it can cause a huge strain on the relationship and relationships are far more important than the money or items at stake.  A friendship shouldn't be jeopardized because of money.

2.  If you can afford it you should give to those who ask.  When God blesses you with more finances than you need it is so you can bless someone else who is in need.  You can't take your money with you when you die so hoarding it won't do you any good. 

Obviously I have learned more than this from my mother but I will save some of her wisdom to be added at a later date.  Good night, all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment