4/27/11

Life Goes On...

It's been almost two months since my aunt and uncle died and, as it always does, the earth continues to spin and life continues to happen.  At first I had a problem with this.  In my mind I have been feeling like I can't move on because that means I am forgetting my Uncle Cal and Aunt Marilyn.  They deserve to have time stand still for them.  When I start doing something I enjoy I will often feel guilty for having fun or being happy but the reality is that with or without me life goes one.  I can either move right along with it or I can miss out on a lot of things trying to hold on to the past.

It's been difficult and I'm sure their will be many hard times ahead, both for me and for the rest of my family, but I choose to move forward.  I will never forget my aunt and uncle and my life will forever be impacted because of their memories but I'm still here and I have a life to live.  I have friends and family to spend time with.  I have plans for the near and distant future that will take some effort on my part to achieve.

I am hoping to start college in the fall and am wanting a degree in human services.  I have a lot of work to do to apply for school and will obviously have a lot of work to do to get through school.  They don't hand out degrees without doing some work to earn them.  I'm not entirely sure what life has in store for me but I am choosing to be present for it to take in whatever it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment